My husband, Tristan, and I have been enjoying this yummy Asian style avocado noodle bowl as an easy and nutritious summer lunch or dinner! It is gluten free and dairy free as well so it’s accommodating for more people with specific dietary needs. Which means there’s more of you who can enjoy it! Yay!
Benefits of Avocado:
I added avocado because for one, they are one of my favorite foods, and also for their added health benefits. They are rich in heart healthy omega-6 fats which are excellent for hair, skin, and nails. Their healthy fats are also good for long-term energy. Avocados have several vitamins and minerals naturally occurring in them which makes them extremely nutrient dense. They are such a great, easy food to throw on top of salads and sandwiches throughout the summer to make them more filling and to get these extra fats and nutrients.
Alright, ready to try it out? Keep reading to get my gluten free rice noodle recipe:
Step 1. Prepare the Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Smooth Almond Butter (or whichever nut butter works for you)
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Gluten Free Brown Rice Miso Paste
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder or 1 Clove Fresh Garlic (you can add more if you really love garlic!)
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Cayenne Powder (or as desired)
- Optional- 1 Tbsp. Cordyceps Mushroom Powder
*All ingredients Organic whenever possible
Directions: I simply measured everything into my blender (Vitamix, NutriBullet, or whatever you have) and mixed it all up! That simple!
Step 2. Prepare the Veggies & Noodles
- 2 Baby Bok Choy – washed, halved, and cored
- 1 Avocado – sliced
- 2 Cups Sugar Snap Peas – trimmed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – cut into matchsticks
- 2 Carrots – grated or cut into matchsticks
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms (or your favorite mushrooms) – cut into 1/4″ thick slices
- 2 Green Onions – thinly sliced on the bias (optional)
- 8 oz. Rice Noodles or Kelp Noodles – cooked
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Hemp Seeds (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced / Slivered Raw Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut or Avocado Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
*Protein options to add: Shrimp, Chicken, Eggs
*All ingredients Organic if possible
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil on medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. While you stir-fry the veggies, the noodles can be cooking.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil on medium heat. Add bell peppers, snap peas, and bok choy. Stir-fry until bok choy is slightly wilted, peppers are tender, and peas are bright green; about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss together half of the carrots and half of the sauce. Divide noodle mixture, stir-fried veggies, mushrooms, and remaining carrots among bowls. Top with avocado, almonds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, and green onions. Drizzle remaining sauce over all bowls. Serve and enjoy!
If you’re looking for another yummy, summer recipe with avocado (who doesn’t love avocados in the summertime, right?!), check out my friend, Ailsa’s blog, Food to Feel Good, to see her avocado fruit salad!
I hope you love this gluten free rice noodle recipe with veggies as much as I do! Let me know how it comes out below 🙂