Do you ever find yourself running late in the morning but you still need a healthy breakfast to start out the day? Well I sure do. When I have the time to cook eggs and veggies (and bacon of course!) then by all means, I enjoy it! But when I need a quick and easy breakfast, I turn to superfood smoothies. There’s lots of ways you can mix up your smoothie recipes and I am going to share one of my current favorite superfood smoothie recipe with you!
For more tasty superfood smoothie recipes, check out my friend, Rae’s blog Nothing Needs To Be Done where she shares nourishing and delicious recipes, self love inspiration, and much more!
Superfood Smoothie Recipe
My hubby and I usually make smoothies together, but for simplicity this recipe is for 1 serving.
- 1 cup organic frozen tropical fruit mix (my fav!) or frozen peaches
- 1 tsp. honey – organic and raw
- 1 tsp. coconut oil – organic, extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut – organic, unsweetened
- 1 organic banana
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder- my favorite is grass-fed whey (others: pea, hemp, rice)
- 1 scoop Turmeric Boost Powder (Gaia Herbs) or 1″ fresh turmeric root or 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
Blend all ingredients and enjoy! I have shown two different ways to serve your smoothie below. You can just throw it in a glass or if you want to experiment with smoothie bowls, they are really fun! I have been enjoying mixing up my regular smoothies by putting it in a bowl and topping it with some nuts, shredded coconut, berries, granola, or yogurt! Have fun with it and add whatever you love!
- Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory, digestive aid, brain booster
- Coconut: Rich in MCTs (easily digestible energy source and healthy fat), aids in neurological health
- Honey: Anti-microbial, high in digestive and metabolic enzymes
As I am sticking to my New Year’s fitness goals it also feels so good to be focusing on clean eating and incorporating more herbs and superfoods into my diet!
I hope this inspires you to do the same and try some superfood smoothie recipes! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments below 🙂